Eurhodip Startup Challenge (ESC) is a call for students from all the International Association Eurhodip schools.
The activity pursues different goals:
– To be a didactic and educational experience
– To encourage entrepreneurship among students
– To stimulate the international students and teacher’s community
– To give visibility to the latent talent in Eurhodip centres
The event takes place over three days, during the Annual Conference, in which participants have to develop business ideas in international teams. The ideas have to be related to the catering sector, gastronomy, hotel industry and / or associated services.
They create a scalable, repeatable and profitable business models.
Students work on teams created during the first hours of the activity. They bring the initial ideas to a level of definition such that it can be fully evaluated by a jury of professionals. Throughout the process they are helped by mentors and coaches who will help them to develop each part of their business idea.
During all the Challenge, they also share meals, cultural and leisure activities, improving a multicultural and multilingual environment.
The jury will evaluate from 0 to 10 the following criteria:
– Business Model
The 3 best ideas and the Attendees’ mention, are communicated during the Gala dinner
Although the activity has a mainly educational approach, it is possible that some of the ideas become an actual business.
To be able to apply, you have to be a current student of an Eurhodip Member School and you need at least a B1 or equivalent English level to work in an international team.
In order to take part on Eurhodip Startup Challenge:
– send a 1 minute video pitching your idea giving information about your profile, the problem/need you want to work on, how you plan to solve it, the strategy you are going to follow and the sources you would use.
– fill in the application form
The selection of the best ideas will be based on:
– The idea definition
– The data in the application form
– The speaking English level
The Eurhodip Organizing Committee in coordination with each school will select the students who will take part of the Eurhodip Startup Challenge.
Selected students will be notified and the list will be published on the official website.
During the first day of the event, participants will vote for the best ideas and will form groups to work on the selected ones.